Monday, December 5, 2011

Do you need a makeover?

I regularly have an hour commute to and from work, so this gives me time to catch up on new books on tape. I was listening to Dave Ramsey and The Complete Money Makeover to start off fresh in 2012.  I will tell you one thing is true, 5 minutes in to the book and I am loving it! 

The reason I love it is he wants ME to take accountability and responsibility for where I am today...don't play the blame game.   He talks about being fit or unfit...financially of course. I realized one very imprtant thing, if I am going to change my life I need to start by changing my views on who is responsible for where I am today and that is ME, not my spouse or my parents or friends...ME!

This apporach reminds me of my health.  Recently I looked in the mirror and no longer liked what I saw.  Don't get me wrong, I am healthy and have a clean bill of health, but I saw room for improvement. I did not blame my parents for inheriting their genes, or my spouse...I realize that I am responsible for my cuurent level of fitness and health, just like what Dave Ramsey is talking about in regards to financial fitness.  In just a few short months of changing my daily habits / lifestyle and routines and going through some uncomfortable times I am seing GREAT results!  I have lost over 20 pounds in the last year and have more energy and I feel so much better than I have in years!  And my wife has really noticed the results as well...I have received more compliments on my appearance than ever before in life!

If I can can do it, so can you.  The first step is acknowledging who is responsible for your health....YOU!  You decide what to eat, if you should exercise, or should you go to the chiropractor or not.  Eery decision you make has a consequence, good or bad.  An apple, or a twinkie, work out or watch television...everything has a consequence.  The more good decisions I starting making the better my health got. I am sure the better decisions I choose to make financially the better of my wealth will be.  After all what is more important than your health?  Without it we have nothing except a pile of money and stuff and no way to enjoy it.

In 2012 I am going to make better decisions everyday, one day at a time.  I am going to continue to make great decisions about health and wellness but I will also have a better understanding about making the right decesions about building wealth.  How great would it to have abundant health and abundant wealth?  Life will be truly great!

Isn't it time you had a makeover?

No comments:

Post a Comment